The assortment of modern means for washing simply amazes: the mass of washing powders, bleaches, conditioners ... And how without them lived before? Washing things was carried out by methods that now seem ridiculous - but they acted!
"Washing things with grandmother's methods?" Stupid! "- you can say. But there is little that can happen: suddenly a washing machine breaks, or a powderwill end - and you need to wash urgently. And how many women with horror noticed after washing a white spot on a bright turtleneck, left after using supposedly sparing bleaching?
Of course, we do not encourage you to give uppowders, bleaches and washing machines and washed as they did 100 years ago. But little tricks to know do not put - suddenly you will need urgent washing of things in "field conditions"? Or will get a very "whimsical" thing, which from chemicals will only get worse? In addition, some of our tips concern washing in the washing machine - She also needs to be able to use, so as not to spoil things.
Washing things: little tricks
- To make the new jeans last longer a bright color,Before the first wash, soak them for 12 hours in a strong solution of table salt. If you wash your jeans in a washing machine, turn them inside out - so they will last you longer.
- To whiten the laundry, soak it in a solutionammonia (1 tablespoon alcohol on a bucket of water). Also yellowed linen can be whitened, soaking it for a couple of hours in sour milk, and then washed in warm water.
- To restore the original color to the white socks, soak them for a couple of hours in a solution of boric acid (1-2 tablespoons boric acid per 10 liters of water).
- If you need to wash the down jacket in the washingmachine, when washing, poured into the drum machine several balls for a big tennis. This is necessary so that during the rinsing and push-ups the fluff will not fall off - the balls will help to evenly distribute it over the product. Down coats are washed at 40 ° C.
- That black things do not fade, at the lastrinse, add a pinch of table salt to the water. The same method works when rinsing things out of bright or dark chiffon and silk - you need to add 25 grams of salt to 1 liter of water when rinsing.
- The yellow and blue color of silk perfectly refreshes the broth from the orange crusts (dry or fresh). And the blue and bright red color of the tissues will help to keep the rinse in water with the addition of baking soda.
- Also, salted water will help when washing coloredlinen (so it does not shed) and darkened from the time of the tulle curtains. Only in this case, in warm salted water should not rinse, and soak.
- Flannel things can not be washed with soap, just rubbing them with a piece of soap. To wash such clothes you need a soap solution with the addition of glycerin (10 liters of water - 1 tablespoon glycerine).
- To suede gloves retained the "commodity" appearance,they should be washed in warm soapy water, put on hands. After thoroughly rinsing the gloves, they should be soaked with a towel and greased with glycerin. Drying suede gloves should be in a cool and dark place. When gloves dry, they must be put on again and cleaned with a soft brush.
- If from the frequent washing the buttons on the clothes lost their former shine, cover them with a colorless nail polish - they will again shine like new ones!
- Knitwear for drying is better not to hang, anddecompose so that they do not stretch and do not deform. If there is nowhere to lay a knitted sweater, and it is necessary to dry it, pass the towel through the sleeves of the sweatshirt and attach it with clothespins at the gate and cuffs.
We hope, with our little tips, washing things will become more effective!