Is it useful or harmful to drink coffee? People have long appreciated the wonderful taste and stimulating effect of this drink, although there are very contradictory rumors about it. As you are seriously engaged in your health, you now need to know exactly what coffee is more - good or bad and how this drink affects the heart and blood vessels.
- Coffee acts soothing under stress,activates metabolism in muscles and energy production. Caffeine stimulates the respiratory center of the brain and promotes the expansion of pulmonary vesicles, which is especially useful for asthmatics. It is established that the systematic use of coffee even reduces the risk of liver cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- In addition to caffeine, coffee contains many moresubstances. They are more than a thousand, and their composition varies depending on the type of coffee and its processing. The most important constituent parts of coffee are carbohydrates, fats, water, protein-like substances, aromatic constituents, as well as a number of vitally important minerals and trace elements - such as iron, potassium, magnesium and manganese.
- The coffee contains a large amount of antioxidants, protecting a person from the harmful effects of the environment. It is noticed that with the use of coffee, the work of the senses also improves - the sight, hearing, and smell become a little better. It is easier to remember and process information.
- Regular coffee consumption reduces the riskthe occurrence of intestinal tumors. It turned out that coffee also affects the work of some endocrine glands. For example, it increases the digestibility of sugar and inhibits the production of thyroid hormones. Since coffee activates the processes of digestion of food, it is useful with reduced acidity.
- Caffeine dilates the blood vessels and stimulatesactivity of the heart muscle. Therefore, moderate consumption of coffee reduces the risk of heart attack. Under the influence of caffeine, blood pressure does not change or rises very slightly. But at low pressure due to cardiac weakness and suppression of the vasomotor center in the brain, the blood pressure rises moderately. In caffeine-sensitive people, caffeine causes a temporary and rapidly increasing pressure increase.
- Abuse of strong tea and coffee causespalpitation, insomnia, excessively increases the general excitability. Therefore, do not overly excite your nervous system to those people who are already too much excitable.
- Coffee enhances the secretion of gastric juice,increasing acidity in the stomach. Therefore, people with peptic ulcer and gastritis with high acidity are not recommended for black coffee. Drink coffee with milk, cream and sugar: this reduces the stimulating effect of coffee on the secretion of gastric juice.
- In soluble coffee, caffeine is more, in addition, it is prepared from cheaper varieties, less saturated with vitamins and nutrients.
Coffee does not adversely affect the heart andvessels, even on the contrary - can protect against a heart attack, but on condition of its moderate use. It is better to limit yourself to three cups of strong coffee a day, while the coffee should be natural. Do not filter the black natural coffee, as the filtration removes some of the nutrients from the drink.