It happens that over time our favorite products from gold grow dim and lose their former shine. To return the radiant purity of gold products you will benefit from several of our advice.
The tarnishing of gold is most often causedaccumulated on its surface by oxides, sulfides and skin fat. Therefore, the essence of all methods of purification is reduced to the removal of this contaminating film from gold products. By the way, they say, the surest way is to take the product to a jewelry shop for professional cleaning.
Well, at home you will be helped:
- Detergents. These can be washing powders,washing dishes, laundry soap, etc. To clean the gold, you need to pour a little water in a small saucepan, add a detergent (the concentration must be high). In the resulting solution boil the gold products for 5-10 minutes. After rinse with cold running water. You can do without boiling: in a container (usually a bottle), pour hot water, add detergents, a few drops of ammonia. In the container, add the products to be cleaned and shake vigorously. Drain the solution, rinse the products with running cold water.
- Toothpaste or powder. In these products, the main active ingredient is chalk. For cleaning, simply rub the product with an old toothbrush with a paste or powder until the desired effect is achieved.
- Ammonia. There are many ways to purify gold with the help ofammonia. For example, you can simply put products in ammonia at night, and the next day, rinse and wipe with a soft fleecy cloth. You can also pour a tablespoon of grated soap dispenser in half a cup of boiling water. In the boiling solution put the gold products and add a little ammonia. Another way - to mix a bubble of ammonia and a half of a bubble of 3% hydrogen peroxide, put the products of gold into the resulting solution for the night, then rinse under running water.
- Lemon acid. It is necessary to dissolve half a bag of citric acid in a glass of water and bring to a boil. In a boiling solution put the products of gold for a few minutes, then rinse them.
- Salt. To purify the gold with salt, pour 2 tablespoons of salt into a glass and add half a cup of water to it. Put in the solution of gold at night. After - rinse and wipe with a soft cloth.
- Soda. Gold products are recommended to clean soda with an old toothbrush, but soda is an abrasive and it can scratch the surface of the products.
- Solution for cleaning contact lenses. Gold products should be put in the cleaning solution for contact lenses at night, and in the morning wipe the products with a toothbrush.
Note. If your gold products have a delicate openwork weaving, then it is better to contact a professional jeweler.