No matter how convenient the computer mouse, many actionsmuch faster are performed using the keyboard. For this there are so-called "hot keys" and shortcuts, which, unfortunately, not everyone knows. There are hotkeys in each program, but there are common hotkeys in Windows. The country of the Soviets will tell you about the most common hotkeys in Windows XP and Windows 7.
Hot keys in Windows XP
The most common hot keys in Windows XP arekeyboard shortcuts Ctrl, Alt, Shift and Win with other keys. The Win key is on the left, between the Ctrl and Alt keys. It shows the emblem of Windows OS. Hot keys in Windows XP are pressed as follows: first press the first key, and then the second key, while not releasing the first one.
The most common hotkeys in Windows XP are as follows:
- Key Win or combination Ctrl + Esc open the "Start" menu.
- Hotkeys Ctrl + Shift + Esc call the Task Manager application.
- Combination Ctrl + Alt + Del Calls the Windows security dialog (for example, when the computer hangs) and serves as a "soft" ("hot") reboot.
- Combination Win + E launches Windows Explorer.
- Using a combination of Win + R the "Run program" dialog box is displayed.
- Hotkeys Win + D collapse all current user windows or cancel this action. Also for these purposes, the keys Win + M (collapse) and Win + Shift + M (cancel).
- By clicking Win + F1, you can call Windows Help.
- To search for files on your computer, click the combination Win + F or Win + Ctrl + F.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between the buttons on the taskbar Win + Tab or Win + Shift + Tab.
- To lock the autorun CD-ROM, insert the disc and hold down the key Shift.
- Hotkeys Alt + Enter allow you to switch to full screen mode or exit it.
- Combination Alt + F4 closes the current window (application). If you use this combination with a "clean" desktop, the OS shutdown dialog will open.
- Key F2 is used to rename an object.
- Key Enter opens the selected file, the key Del - removes the basket, and the combination Shift + Del removes it "past" the basket forever.
Hot keys in Windows XP for working with the clipboard:
- Key Printscreen (PrtScr) copies screen screenshot to the clipboard.
- Combination Alt + Printscreen copies the screenshot of the currently active window or application.
- Ctrl + A - select all.
- Ctrl + C (Ctrl + Insert) - Copy to the clipboard.
- Ctrl + X Cut to the clipboard.
- Ctrl + V (Shift + Insert) - Paste from the clipboard.
These hotkeys work for bothtext, and with objects. It should be remembered that when working with the command line, the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V may not work, and instead use Ctrl + Insert and Shift + Insert.
Hot keys in Windows XP, used by most applications:
- Ctrl + N (New) - create a new file.
- Ctrl + S (Save) - saving the file.
- Ctrl + O (Open) - opens an already saved file.
- Ctrl + P (Print) - prints the file.
- Ctrl + Z - Cancels the previous action.
- Ctrl + F4 - closing the current file without closing the entire program.
- Ctrl + F6 - Switch between open files.
- F11 or Alt + Enter - switch to full screen mode or back.
- Clicking Enter is equivalent to clicking the selected button in the dialog box.
Hot keys in Windows 7
Most Windows XP hot keys also work in Windows 7, but new features of this operating system caused new combinations of hot keys.
Hot keys in Windows 7:
- Win + Tab - switching between windows in Flip3D mode, and Win + T - Switch between open programs with thumbnail view in the taskbar.
- Shift + click on the application icon in the taskbar - Run the second copy of the application.
- Win + # (numeric key) - Run the second copy of the application in the taskbar. The numeric key corresponds to the icon number of the application in the panel.
- Shift + Ctrl + click on the application icon in the taskbar - Run the application with administrator rights.
- Win + Space (space) - make all the windows transparent (if you have Windows Aero enabled).
- Win + Home - minimize all windows except active.
- Win + Plus and Win + Minus - Start the magnifier and zoom in / out the screen.
- Win + G - Move gadgets over windows.
Hot keys in Windows can significantlyfacilitate and speed up the work with the PC. And absolutely does not matter the version of your operating system - there are their hotkeys in Windows XP, and in addition to them appeared hot keys in Windows 7.
Autumn manicure: "hot" trends-2016
How to enable Task Manager
How to choose a keyboard?
How to log in to the BIOS?
The desktop does not load. What to do?
How to make a screenshot in the game?
Keyboard shortcuts for working with text using the keyboard
How to restart your computer
How to turn the screen of your laptop without additional programs?
How to start a computer through BIOS
The function key on the laptop: how to enable and use it?
How to turn on the sound on your laptop
Vatamanyuk Alexander "Installation, configuration and recovery of Windows 7. Started!"