Use one of the following methods toIdentify your Intel chipset: Device Manager, Intel Chipset Identification Utility Chipset Identification Utility, product documentation, chipset labeling.
Use the following steps to identify your chipset in Microsoft Windows Device Manager.
- Steps to open Device Manager for the most commonly used OS.
- Windows Vista: Click the Start »Control Panel» System and Maintenance »button and select Device Manager
- Windows XP: Click Start »Control Panel» double-click on the System icon »select the Hardware tab» and select Device Manager
- Windows 2000: Click the Start »Settings» Control Panel »double-click on the System icon» select the Hardware tab »and select Device Manager
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE and Windows Me: Click the Start »Settings» Control Panel »double-click on the System icon» select the Device Manager tab
- Press the "+" symbol to open the list of system devices.
- The name of the chipset should appear in the line, as shown below: "Intel® 955X Memory Controller Hub-2774." In this example, this is the Intel 955X Express Chipset.
Refer to the documentation for the system board or system.
This method is intended exclusively for qualified and trained professionals. Only a qualified technician should open the chassis of the system unit.
The name of the chipset must be specified insystem or system board documentation. Labeling on the chipset If you are unable to obtain the necessary information using the above methods, contact a qualified technician who can determine the type of chipset installed in your computer, taking all necessary steps to ensure the security of your computer. (If you decide to contact a qualified specialist, all the costs associated with this are borne solely by you).
To identify the components of the Intel chipset installed in your computer, you can usually use the chipset label on the motherboard.
Intel Chipset Identification Utility
Intel Chipset Identification Utilityallows you to identify the chipset installed on the system board. This information can be used to determine if your system supports software such as Intel Matrix Storage Manager, Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility, or Intel graphics drivers.
Instructions for use
This utility is an autonomousprogram without an installation package, so it will not create any commands in the Start menu. This file can be left on the system or deleted if it is no longer needed. Use the following steps to run the Intel Chipset Identification Utility.
- Download the Intel Chipset Identification Utility.
- Run the Intel Chipset Identification Utility.