Cars Mercedes C-Class debuted in June 1993 (the body W202). Today, without a doubt, they are the most popular in the program Mercedes-Benz.
In mid-1997, the family of these modelshas undergone the first modernization since the beginning of production. The appearance has changed: the radiator grille has been updated, new bumpers and lateral spoilers painted in body color have been installed.
Increased the degree of serial equipment of both sedans and station wagons, there were side airbags in the front doors, an electronic brake force regulator Brake-Assist, active maintenance system (maintenance) ASSYST and a new built-in anti-theft system ELCODE.
Brake-Assist is integrated in the brake actuator, wherethe sensor of the diaphragm of the vacuum amplifier constantly monitors and compares the intensity of the braking in accordance with the ABS information on tire slippage.
As a result, the intensity of the braking can be increased irrespective of the driver's actions to the limits limited by the activity of the ABS.
New information system ASSYST analyzes the quality of the engine oil and, if necessary, issues a signal to the instrument panel about the need for its replacement, as well as the maintenance of routine maintenance.
As a result, the periodicity of oil change and maintenance in a favorable operating environment can increase to 30 thousand km (previously the scheduled period of oil change was 15 thousand km).
New anti-theft system ELCODE (Electronic Code System) includes electronica key that replaced the usual ignition key and interior doors. Instead of the ignition lock, the electronic "ignition and starter switch", which gives the command to start the motor after reading the information from the electronic key.
After each engine start, the code of the electronic key and the memory setting of the ignition switch are automatically recoded.
The list of customized equipment is practicallycorresponds to E-class models. You can choose the navigation system, electronic system of dynamic stabilization ESP, built-in burglar alarm, powerful xenon headlights, etc.
All ten C-class engines are notonly on sedans, but also on station wagons T. Petrol 4-cylinder engines with a working volume of 1.8 and 2.0 liters now have variable phases of the gas distribution, which allowed them to increase their power at low and medium speed, and push the maximum torque "down "To 3700 rpm instead of the previous 4200 rpm.
New engines V6 with 3 valves and 2 spark plugs per cylinder family M112, used on models C240 and C280, have increased power and fuel economy.
For example, a new C280 by 8-10% more economical than the previous model with a straight-row 6-cylinder engine.
Sports models C43 AMG (sedan) and C43T AMG (station wagon) are equipped with a new-generation V8 engine with a capacity of 306 hp, also having 3 valves and 2 spark plugs per cylinder.
Like its less powerful version in the 279 hp, which equipped with models E, CL, CLK and M-classes, the engine is aggregated only with an automatic hydromechanical 5-speed gearbox.
At the end of 1997, a model appeared C330 CDI, which uses the newest direct-injection diesel engine with a fuel delivery system Common-rail.
Such a system, which is a closedThe fuel capacity of ultrahigh pressure is about 135 MPa (1350 kgf / cm), which allows, with a two-stage fuel injection, to obtain a very perfect work process, providing a good average effective pressure, high efficiency with acceptable rigidity and environmental properties of the exhaust gases.
As a result of the use of a proven 4-valvegas distribution scheme for each cylinder and turbocharging with intermediate cooling of air, the power of the 4-cylinder engine with a working volume of 2.15 liters was raised to 125 hp, and the maximum torque to 300 Nm!
In the spring of 1998, the model C200 CDI appeared its less forced version in 102 hp, replacing the original performance of this diesel with a vortex-chambered mixture production of 95 hp, which was installed on the model C220 diesel.
Now in the C-class production program, two models with the latest high-performance motors - C200 CDI and C220 CDI.
Specifications of Mercedes-Benz C 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY
- Number and arrangement of cylinders R4
- Working volume (cm³) 1.796
- Rated power (kW [hp] at rpm) 135  /5.500
- Rated torque (Nm at rpm) 250 / 2.800-5.000
- Compression ratio 8.5: 1
- Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h (c) 8.6 (8.8)
- Maximum speed (km / h) 235 (230)
- Drive rear
- Transmission 6-speed manual (5-speed automatic transmission)
- Mechanical 4,46 / 2,61 / 1,72 / 1,25 / 1,00 / 0,84 / R 4,06
- Automatic 3.95 / 2.42 / 1.49 / 1.00 / 0.83 (R1 3.15) R2 1.93
- Main transfer 3,07
- Fuel tank capacity / incl. reserve (L) 66/8
- Fuel consumption in the urban cycle (l / 100 km) 10.5 (11.0) -10.7 (11.2)
- Fuel consumption in the suburban cycle (l / 100 km) 5.8 (6.1) -6.0 (6.3)
- Fuel consumption in the mixed cycle (l / 100 km) 7.6 (7.9) -7.8 (8.1)
- Coefficient of aerodynamic resistance 0.29
- Emission class EU4
- Front suspension, three-link
- Rear suspension, multi-link
- Shock absorber type, front / rear with coil springs / with coil springs
- Tires / wheels in front 205/55 R 16 91 V
- Tires and wheels on rear 205/55 R 16 91 V
- Steering with a rack and pinion mechanism
- Front disc brakes, ventilated
- Rear brake mechanisms
Basic dimensions, capacities and weights
- Own weight / Carrying capacity (kg) 1.490 (1.505) / 485
- Gross vehicle weight (kg) 1.975 (1.990)
- Maximum load on the roof of the body (kg) 100
- Trunk capacity (VDA) (L) 475
- Turning diameter (m) 10.84